The LeanIX mobile app provides convenience to LeaIX users to view and manage their LeanIX data on the go from anywhere, anytime. The mobile app is available across both iOS and Android mobile devices (tablet compatibility will be available soon).
The LeanIX mobile app is not intended to replace the web application in terms of functionality, but to complement the web application with some common and some additional capabilities.
In the 2.4 version, the app has improved the security:
- Review for standard app vulnerabilities (like device jailbreak detection, Janus vulnerability, application write locations, padding oracle attacks, etc.) & findings resolved
- Review of external penetration testing & all findings resolved
The instance is the domain on which the workspace is hosted. For example, if your workspace link is https://<customer-domain>.leanix.net/workspaceName, then your instance is customer-domain.
As an example, if you have this URL: https://demo-eu-1.leanix.net/CSIDemo/, then your instance URL is demo-eu-1.leanix.net and your workspace is CSIDemo.
Once defined, the instance configuration will be retained for future logins. However, you can always switch the instance from the app settings.
Once the instance is defined, hit the “Login with email” button to proceed to log in to LeanIX. Login to the LeanIX mobile app should work in the same manner as you access your web application.
- If you use a combination of email and password to access the LeanIX web application, you should see the login form
- If you have set up a custom SAML-based configuration or SSO for your organization’s users, the “Login with email” button should guide you to your organization login page or the SSO provider page.
- If you have MFA setup for your LeanIX access, such MFA prompt should also come up on your mobile devices
Once successfully logged in, confirm the selection of the workspace to proceed. Based on the instance selection above, all the workspaces that you have the access to should be visible on this screen
User role access & permissions on the mobile app will be the same as the role and access restrictions in the web application defined on the selected workspace.
The inventory tab allows you to browse and find any Fact Sheet in the selected workspace using Quick Search, Saved Searches (Bookmarks).
Use the quick search icon to quickly find any Fact Sheet and jump to that Fact Sheet. For easy access, the app also shows a list of recent searches and allows to clear that list.
- The Latest Updates search shows the list of the recently updated Fact Sheets in reverse chronological order
- The All Fact Sheets link shows a list of all Fact Sheets of all Fact Sheet types in the workspace inventory
- The My Fact Sheets link shows a list of all the Fact Sheets the logged-in user is subscribed to in any role
- The Other Saved Searches link shows all saved searches from the web application and allows the user to browse the details and results of that saved search from the inventory
The Recently Viewed list of Fact Sheets shows all Fact Sheets viewed by the logged-in user across the web and mobile applications in reverse chronological order.
The Fact Sheet detail view on mobile allows you to view the below tabs of the Fact Sheet and Fact Sheet header details in a mobile-friendly manner
This tab shows all populated fields and details of the Fact Sheet organized in sections/sub-sections as in the web view with the first section expanded and the rest of the sections collapsed. Now, the app can also show Relations Explorer. The app supports the graph-based view of the relations explorer as in the web application. You can see this feature in action for example when you want to view the Business Capability in its section.
To ensure a convenient view, the app will force into landscape mode once the relations explorer is launched on any Fact Sheet. And closing the relations explorer will take the user back to the previous orientation of the mobile device.
Relations explorer on the LeanIX mobile app has the following enhancements than the web version:
- Full display of long name Fact Sheets (up to 2 lines)
- Pinch based zoom-in and zoom-out to see a full picture of the traversed path
- Canvas based view to easily navigate left and right along the path that the user came through
- Long press any related Fact Sheet to get to the Fact Sheet details
- A relations explorer icon available on every relations list across the Fact Sheet detail view to launching that set of relations directly
This tab shows all users subscribed to the Fact Sheet in different subscription types and roles. The number of subscriptions on the Fact Sheet is visible against the tab title.
This tab shows all comments on the Fact Sheet in the reverse chronological order as in the web view. Comments with replies are highlighted explicitly. The number of comments on the Fact Sheet is visible against the tab title. In this tab, a user with commenting permissions can add comments and replies directly from the app. All comments and replies added through the app will also be available in the web version and vice-versa.
This tab shows all resources of types viz. Links and Diagrams (Images not supported by the app) and their details. The number of Resources on the Fact Sheet is visible against the tab title.
This tab shows the changes on the Fact Sheet in reverse chronological order as in the web view. The updates are organized in a mobile-friendly consumable fashion.
Tabs not available in the app - Metrics & Surveys in APM workspaces, Impacts & Impacted-by in BTM workspaces
The Account tab allows you to do workspace level actions and view app information
This section shows information around the workspace URL, instance details, logged in user & user role in the workspace
This section shows information about Imprint & Contact, Data Privacy, and Licenses used in the app development.
This action lets you share or repo any kind of feedback via email to LeanIX Support about the app.
This set of actions allows the user to switch between workspaces or logout of LeanIX as in the standard web application
Updated 3 months ago