SaaS catalog provides information on SaaS applications like description, product category, SSO, and hosting information.
SaaS Catalog enables LeanIX customers to use standardized SaaS applications and get more information about them. SaaS Catalog has a dedicated team and an established process to ensure continuous updates.
Please note: LeanIX does not recommend modelling IaaS and PaaS as Application fact sheets and so, these components would not be available in the SaaS Catalog.
SaaS Catalog offers a comprehensive list of attributes for your SaaS Applications and its related IT Components
Name: name of the SaaS application
Description: of product from its website
Product Category: to categorize and indicate the type of the product
Hosting Type: where the product is hosted
Hosting Description: information on hosting and hosting provider, if applicable, for the SaaS application
SSO Status: whether the product is supported via Single Sign-on
SSO Available Providers: list of all Single Sign-On providers supported by the application
SaaS Catalog does not allow multiple fact sheets to be linked to the same entry on the Catalog as this would create duplicates and display name conflicts in workspaces.
One workaround to model multiple instances of the same Application fact sheet would be to create an abstract parent entry and link it to the Catalog. Then all instances of the same Application can be modelled as child fact sheets.
By linking to the SaaS Catalog, you can get description, hosting and Single Sign on information about the Application from the Catalog, without the worry of maintaining and updating that information.
Search: easily search and browse Lifecycle Catalog catalog
Side bar: to provide transparency on already linked Lifecycle Catalog entries
Preview: detailed preview of attributes for specific IT component
Information: detailed information on support availability & policies
- Click on the Profile button.
- Go to Administration.
- Click on Reference Catalogs on the left pane.
- You can select the fields you would like to Sync (Description, Product Category, Hosting Type & Description, SSO Status & Available Providers) from SaaS Catalog into your Fact Sheet.
- Check the IT Component box to automatically add them from SaaS Catalog.
- Click Save.
Batch Linking for SaaS Catalog aims to help you become more efficient in automatically updating the life cycle and the end-of-support information for your Applications. Batch Linking can help you achieve that by allowing you to do rapid actions on the Lifecycle Catalog page for all your IT Components that are listed in your Inventory. Some of the key features of Batch Linking are:
Linking to Lifecycle Catalog: quickly link your Fact Sheet to the Catalog in one place
Mark as Ignored: ignore linkage for desired Fact Sheet, depends on your needs
Batch Linking provides intelligent recommendations for best-matching references for your SaaS Application Fact Sheets that are not linked yet to the SaaS Catalog.
- Open “SaaS Catalog” from the Inventory page
- You will see a different Application fact sheets organized into tabs, by their respective Catalog Status
- Counts of Applications in each tab is visible next to the tab heading
Any facet filters applied in Inventory will be applied to the Batch linking page
In the Unlinked Fact Sheets tab you can get:
- All Application fact sheets, as filtered from Inventory, where Catalog Status is unlinked
- A quick overview of major details of the customer fact sheet and corresponding recommendation provided, on expanding each row
- You can click on the Search bar to see alternate recommendations/search for a new query word
- You can perform certain actions directly from the Recommendations tab, like:
- Link to Recommended Fact Sheet or alternate selected Fact Sheet
- Preview selected Fact Sheet
- Ignore selected Fact Sheet
In the Ignored Fact Sheets tab you can see all Application Fact Sheets, as filtered from Inventory, where Catalog Status is Ignored. You can also see a quick overview of the Fact Sheet where it is marked Ignored. With this, you have the option to search recommendations and link/preview a selected Fact Sheet.
When to "Ignore"?
You can use the Ignore feature when:
You want to break the SaaS Catalog linking. "Ignore" is equivalent to breaking the SaaS Catalog link.
Fact Sheets can be marked as ignored if it is proprietary products that you do NOT expect the Catalog to have information about the product.
You want to overwrite the information.
Continuous updates from SaaS Catalog will not flow through to your Fact Sheet from Lifecycle Catalog, once ignored.
In the Linked Fact Sheets tab, you can see all Application Fact Sheets, as filtered from Inventory, where Catalog Status is Linked. You also see a quick overview of the Fact Sheet where it is linked and the corresponding Component on the Catalog.
You can perform certain actions directly from Linked Fact Sheets Tab, including:
- Search recommendations and Change link to alternate selected Fact Sheet
- Preview selected Fact Sheet
- Ignore selected Fact Sheet
Refresh button (or) switching tabs, after an action is performed, moves Application Fact Sheets to the right tab.
To start getting information from the SaaS Catalog into your Application Fact Sheet, you may also start by creating a new Fact Sheet and then link the newly created Fact Sheet into the SaaS Catalog.
- Open an Application Fact Sheet on your workspace
- Click on the ‘SaaS Catalog’ at the top of the right sidebar.
- You are directed to the SaaS Catalog page with pre-filled information from your Fact Sheet. Choose the correct search result from the SaaS Catalog preview.
- Once you find the correct SaaS Catalog Fact Sheet, click Link to Fact Sheet. Now, your Application Fact Sheet is updated with SaaS Catalog information.
Updated 2 months ago